Saturday, February 9, 2013

Introducing Alex Twenge

Last season at the University of North Dakota, Alex Twenge struck out 14 batters in 15 innings of work, the best ratio on his Division 1 team.  Entering his sophmore year with UND, he looks to continue honing his curveball and cutter which Prospects scouts already tout as "plus pitches".

Before he makes his way out to Edmonton this summer, he kindly agreed to answer a few questions to help introduce himself to Prospect fans.

Name: Alex Twenge Hometown: Minnetonka, MN
 
1st choice position: Pitcher
 
2nd choice position: Catcher (caught the last 30 games for my squad last year and hit .275 with 2 HR's. They converted me to just a pitcher this year.)
 
Organized Baseball: Ive been playing organized baseball since I was 3.
 
Favorite MLB team now and growing up: Yankees
 
Favorite MLB player growing up/currently: Jorge Posada/Robinson Cano
 
What's your game? My strengths in the game of baseball are that I am a very vocal person and I will do whatever I can to help the team. If helping the team win includes me running 3 miles in bare feet, I will start running right away. Also I throw a lot of strikes which helps the defense stay active and keeps the game moving.
 
First thing you will buy after signing a million dollar contract? I would probably purchase either a new car or maybe a new house
 
Favorite TV show: Always Sunny in Philadelphia
 
Favorite Movie(s): American Gangster, The Other Guys, Green Street Hooligans
 
Superhero and Power: Hulk and super strength

No comments:

Post a Comment