Saturday, January 5, 2013

Meet Your Assistant Coaches

KRIS PACKWOOD
 

Personal:

I feel there is a time and place for everything in life and on the diamond including: having fun, being focused, and working hard.

I will not ask anything of our players that I would not ask of myself. I plan to lead by example and take complete part of all the conditioning and training which I ask them to do .

I am a firm believer in the power of positivity!  I am a fierce competitor in everything I do and want nothing more but to help our players reach their maximum potential and grow as athletes and human beings.

Career:

I attended Newport Harbor High School and graduated in 2006. I came in a scrawny 6 foot 100 pound kid who was told he would not even make the freshman squad. By the time I graduated senior year I had led the entire Sea View League in strikeouts per inning.

As a sophomore on Junior Varsity we had a rookie head coach with no experience in the sport. I took the initiative to basically be player/coach making the majority of the lineups, pitching changes, and rotations. As a senior I was the unofficial scorekeeper that did all the statistics, score keeping, defensive positioning, and player match ups. I was rewarded at our end of the year banquet where I received the only scholarship our school hands out in baseball.

Currently I am about to finish my Associate of Arts degree at Orange Coast College and working on transferring to get my bachelors in business administration.

JEFF LONEY
 
 
 Personal:
 
I went to Huntington Beach High School with Head Coach Cameron and played with him until we graduated in 2006. Playing with Cam was a blast and he always kept guys in the game.
 
I bring a good understanding of the game and hope to help players not only be in the right place and do the right thing, but know WHY they are doing these things.  I enjoy seeing young college players develop around me.
 
I will be coaching either first or third this summer with the Prospects. Playing 3rd base in high school and first base now in college, I will work with the corner infielders in depth about positioning, bunt defenses and footwork around the bag.
 
There is a reason for doing everything on the baseball field and Coach McMullen, myself, and the rest of the staff have already discussed how we want to be very efficient with the Prospects. I love the game of baseball and cannot wait to be up in Edmonton to help the Prospects win this summer!
 
 
Career:
 
 After graduating in 2006 I had not talked to anyone about continuing playing and my high school coach asked if I would help out with our incoming freshman camp and from there he offered me to join the staff and coach the lower levels. I went on to coach the Freshman team for 4 years at Hunting Beach High School and coaching the JV team during the summers. I also coached with a couple different travel teams from Huntington Beach ranging in all ages.
 
In the spring of 2010 I felt like I still had life in my legs and I began to find a place to play.  I landed in Raleigh, North Carolina at Wake Tech CC. I have been in Raleigh since the Fall of 2010 playing for the Eagles.
 
After the fall season of 2011, circumstances led me to have to focus on working instead of school and the head coach knowing my experience with the game and leadership with the team asked me to join the team in an assistant coach role. So for the 2012 season I was the assistant coach/ first base coach for Wake Tech. I re-enrolled and began playing again this fall and am ready to play this 2013 season before joining the Prospects this summer. 
 
AARON PINES
 
Personal:

Myself and coach Loney will be splitting the roles of base and defense coach. The last two years I have coached 3rd base at Rancho Alamitos HS and I played every position other than first base during my baseball career.

Career:
 
2B CF at Garden Grove High School(2006); 2B OF at Golden West JC (07-09) 2B at Chapman University (10-11)
 
Assistant football and baseball coach at Rancho Alamitos High School 2011-present.
 
Assistant coach for Seattle Mariners scout team 2011-present
       



No comments:

Post a Comment