Prospects General Manager Tracy Neumann and new Head Coach Cameron McMullen have their first roster player signed and his name is Dwight Mack.
Mack, from the North Dakota baseball program, comes with the following accolades:
- 2011 American Legion state champion
- 2011 Class A First Team All-State selection
- 2012 & 2011 All-Western Dakota Association selection
- 2012 Class A state champion.
The following is a transcript of an interview between Dwight Mack and myself.
Name: Dwight Mack Nickname: Wighty
Hometown: Mandan, North Dakota
What
do you feel are your strengths in the game of baseball? How do you
think this will help the Prospects prosper in the new season?
I
have always felt that my strengths come on the offensive side of the
baseball. Being a left handed hitter sure gives me some advantages.
Through the past
couple years I have hit in the 2, 3, or 4 spot which usually carries a
very big role. The last two seasons of playing American Legion baseball I
hit just shy of .400 and this previous season nearly .450 also leading
our team to a state championship in 2011.
I think this will help the Prospects in a lot of ways. Offense is a
very big part of the game. If we can score runs then winning games will
just take care of itself.
Primary Position: Catcher
Secondary Position: I spent a lot of time at 3rd this last
summer while recovering from a broken thumb.
When did you start playing organized
baseball? Just after I turned 4 years old.
Favorite MLB team growing up? When I was little I loved watching the Los Angeles Angels
Favorite MLB team now? I normally don’t pick favorites when it comes to professional sports but if I had to I would go with the Minnesota Twins.
Who was your favorite MLB player growing up? Darin Erstad was always my favorite player.
Who is your favorite MLB player currently? When Erstad retired I began following Joe Mauer beings he is a catcher like myself
and a quite successful one I might add.
Fun Stuff
First thing you will buy after signing a million dollar contract? The first thing I will buy with a million dollar contract is a 1969 Chevelle SS.
What's in the game console right now? In
the game console right now happens to be Super Mario Kart. Me and my
teammates have a lot of good clean fun trash talking while on the race
track.
Favorite Movie? Either be Miracle (1980 USA Miracle on ice) or For Love of the Game.
If you could be a superhero, what would your superpower
be? If
I could have a super power it would be to fly. There are so many things
we could do if we could get up and fly with the birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment